Practical People Skills That Every Manager and Supervisor Needs to Lead, Empower, and Inspire Today’s Subordinates
|Classroom||19 - 22 Oct 2021||Nairobi||Kshs. 28,000.00 | US$ 247.79|
Managers and supervisors ensure employees complete tasks correctly, on time, and on target.
Traditionally, they got things done using threats, punishment, and shouting; but most workplaces have edged out this style of team leadership. Research shows that today's subordinates work better in a free, positive, and collaborating environment, and managers and supervisors have to adjust to this workplace reality.
Consultative team leadership is the ability to influence team members by engaging them effectively in decision making and problem-solving instead of imposing on them your authority.
This seminar aims at helping managers and supervisors discard the traditional autocratic, top-down, order giver mindsets and equip them with the skills and tools they need to become mentors, motivators, counsellors, and coaches.
What You'll Learn:
- Shift from TRADITIONAL to INSPIRATIONAL team leader.
- Create a positive work environment.
- Turn around negative and unproductive employees.
- Inspire employees to think, act, and work as a team.
- Motivate employees to work faster, harder, and smarter.
- Give crystal-clear instructions and directions.
- Deliver constructive criticism without causing fear, anger, or resentment.
- Resolve conflicts quickly and effectively.
- Empower staff to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Project an image of credible and capable team leaders.
Your Seminar Agenda:
The Communication Skills That Successful Team Leaders Use to Get Across
- How to give crystal-clear instructions so that they are neither misunderstood nor ignored.
- Active listening skills to you understand what the team is saying.
Leading Your Team Through Change and Transition.
- Why organizational change often backfires.
- Why people resist change and how to overcome the resistance.
- How to make change work.
Creating a Positive, Energetic, and Enthusiastic Work Environment.
- The importance of staff motivation.
- Ways of assessing levels of staff motivation.
- What team members REALLY want from their jobs.
- Simple ways to keep team members happy and satisfied.
Getting Results Through Team Members
- The difference between assigning tasks and delegating.
- The pros and cons of delegating and why many team leaders don't do it.
- The mistakes team leaders make when delegating.
- Steps to delegating so that you are not afraid that something will go wrong.
How to End Turf Wars and Other Destabilizing Confrontations
- Types and sources of workplace conflicts.
- How to minimize unhealthy conflict, disagreements, and confrontations.
This seminar is for you if you are:
- An experienced manager or supervisor who wants to brush up his or her team leadership skills.
- New to a supervisory role, and you want to learn how to achieve great results through team members.
- The owner of a business, and you want to inspire employees to work as if they owned the business.